Lets Go Deeper...

Lets go deeper

Hello and welcome to the online Bible study; Walking Deeper Through the Bible. This is a study open for anyone who wants to join and read along as we do a daily Bible reading that will take us through the entire Bible over the next 52 weeks. The purpose is to go deeper into the Word of God by reading our way through the entire Bible and holding open discussions about what we have read, posing questions and hearing insight derived from others. As we go, the weekly readings will be listed on the blog as well as links to online sites where you can not only read the Bible but also provide resource tools you may want to use for additional study. There will also be a link posted to go directly to the site providing the reading plan, itself. Each day, after reading the assigned verses, comments are posted and shared with the rest of the members and all are welcome to participate in discussions of the days readings.
Christiananswers.net is the website we will be using for the daily reading plan that will be followed. You can explore this site, yourself at-http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/biblereading-1yr.html

All who join are encouraged to take part in the discussions on the daily readings, hearing other people's points of view is a great way for our own perspective to grow. However, this is not a format for the debate of basic theological principals and beliefs or religious views or differences. Any comments that are not conducive to the object and purpose of this blog will be removed.

Other sites you may want to check out are:
http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html- This site has different Bible versions and look up tools.
http://net.bible.org/home.php- This site also provides many Bible versions and study tools.

In order to give adequate time for people to join and because the plan runs on a seven day schedule beginning on Monday, this study will officially begin on Monday, January 17th, 2011.

Week One: Jan 17-23

One Year Bible Reading Plan

The Law History Psalms Poetry Prophecy Gospels Epistles
Week Mon. Tues. Wed. Thur. Fri. Sat. Sun.
1 Gen
1-3
Josh
1-5
Ps
1-2
Job
1-2
Isa
1-6
Matt
1-2
Rom
1-2

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ps 1-2

Welcome to Wednesday, day three of our study. As for me, I have already started feeling the difference of the growth that has begun through this walk and I am looking forward to the changes in me that God will make through His Word as I continue to go deeper.

As for today's reading; Psalm 1-2, I was a little surprised that it was only the 2 chapters...until I read it in all three versions (KJV, NASV, and the Amplified). There really a lot going on in these two little chapters. First it says that those Christians who mind the company and council they keep, blessed and that they are the ones who are content and love God's law and practices their faith in actions and devotion to God regularly.

The chapter goes on to talk about how God is well pleased and sustains these devoted ones and how different they are from the non-believers who are wicked and practice their own ways instead of God's. These people are basically specks that will be blown away into nothing and what they want will mean nothing because God knows the righteous from the wicked and will bless one and curse the rest.

Chapter two goes on to pose the rhetorical question of why do the wicked bother to scheme and make empty and more importantly, FRUITLESS, plans based on their own foolishness. It's obvious that an answer is not required because in the next verse the answer is given in how those people are wasting all their efforts and energy and only those who follow the Lord's ways will prosper and the wicked will be destroyed by the wrath of God.

As I look at these chapters and have spent a little time looking into the background of these verses, I find that I want to do a little more studying on them as they are actually very in depth and I feel like I am still missing the mark. There fore forgive my lack of understanding or insight in these. It has occurred to me that i have never actually really studied the Psalms before, I have gone to them for comfort, for reassurance and even strength but I realize that I don't have a good working knowledge of them. This is proof of why this study is so necessary for me and it confirms the purpose of going deeper into God's Word, to put that Word into me in a way that I carry it with me in every thing I do and say always.

So, as we continue onward, hopefully, I will become more fluent in my understanding and appreciation of the Psalms.
Bye for now, please leave your own thoughts and insights by clicking on the word "comment" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment